Sep 4, 2014, 10:12am CDT Dallas Morning News – Steve Brown
- Permits have been filed in the last year to build almost 17,000 more apartments in the Dallas area. - The Dallas area is hanging onto its position as one of the country’s top apartment building markets. - Dallas ranked third in the nation behind New York City and Houston in a July comparison of the top
multifamily housing construction cities, according to a new report by Axiometrics.
- The Dallas-based apartment market research firm compared building permits for apartments and
condominiums for the 12-month period ending in July.
- Dallas had 16,735 building permits during the period, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau reported
- Along with Houston and Dallas, Austin also made the top 10 construction list. - North Texas has been one of the top apartment building markets in the country for the last few years thanks
to the area’s high employment and population growth.
- Almost 30,000 apartments are currently being built in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.